FW: Child Porn as Thoughtcrime

From: 	Blanc, responding to herself (a la Detweiler - NOT)

>Many people seek after sympathy towards their feelings (present and/or future
>pain) more than to be respected for the ability to think.   I imagine this
>develops into a reduced sympathy towards certain kinds of thought or towards
>thinking per se, eventually, promoting a general atmosphere of tolerance for
>offenses like "thoughtcrimes".

This statement is entirely wrong and totally false.

What I really meant to say, rather than "tolerance for offenses like...", was that there is created an atmosphere which is tolerant towards classifying certain kinds of thinking as "thought crimes".   And once it is allowed that some types of thoughts, or some types of thinking, are classifiable as criminally offensive, I expect most anyone on this list can extrapolate the consequences of such a development upon the collective conscience.

   ..
Blanc