Re: Ban CU Secrecy, Keep TLA's!

>    Mr David Bickford, the first British intelligence lawyer
>    to speak publicly in the UK, said at a conference in
>    Cambridge, 50 miles north-east of London, that there
>    "appears to be no justification at all for offshore bank
>    secrecy other than to protect the criminal".

Apart from tehe confidentiality of the customer, bank, all those they
trade with and all other interested parties, well then, they can`t be
that important can they

>    He said "offshore bank secrecy can and must be abolished"
>    and "the UK should be the first to abolish this secrecy
>    given their control of their dependent territory offshore
>    centres".

So because we choose to maintain a statist and totalitarian empire we
had better set an example of how to do it to the rest of the world???

>    Mr Bickford, who now runs an international legal
>    consultancy, said "endemic corruption" is caused by
>    offshore secrecy, and it is "difficult to see why it is
>    tolerated by any other than those with an unlawful
>    disposition".

It is also diffult to see why I don`t go round to mr. Bickfords
house and kill him, his dog, and his pet hamster, but I don`t, nor do
I intend to, to say that we cannot see a reason for people wanting
privacy is no justification for legislation that prohibits such
privacy.

<for any spook agencies etc. reading the above, it is NOT a death
threat, it is a sarcastic comment>

>    He said allowing countries to maintain offshore banking
>    secrecy is "a classic example of the corruptive influence
>    of organised crime".

It is a classic example of privacy and freedom in a free society (not
that I believe Britain falls into this category)
Has anyone got this guys IQ, it`s probably the first ever negative IQ
in the history of the world, cheer everyone, its a historic find.

Mr. Bickford, I believe you to be a fuckwit, feel free to prove me
wrong..

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
     Paul Bradley, [email protected]
       Http://www.fatmans.demon.co.uk/crypt/