Re: Workers Paradise. /Political rant.

On Sun, 15 Sep 96 23:43:33 +0000, attila wrote:

>            forget the idea that it will build a community --unless
>            you wish to consider the Bitch's "It Takes a Global
>            Village" a community.  Statist from the cradle; welcome

  She's right about that, to some extent.  It often does take a village to
raise a child.  What she doesn't mention is that the governmental policies she
lobbies for are doing their best to destroy that village.  Name one example
where wealth-transfers have made people more willing to spread their now vastly
reduced resources to the needy?

As a sidenote, does anyone know how much of the money taken out in taxes
actually goes toward useful things? i.e. maintaining infrastructure like roads,
providing for the public defense, paying police (most of whom I've found are
great people. It's the higherups who seem to have ODed something), forest
service, etc?

# Chris Adams <[email protected]> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
# [email protected] | V.M. (619)515-4894
"I have never been able to figure out why anyone would want to play games on
a computer in any case when the whole system is a game.  Word processing,
spreadsheets, telecoms -- it's all a game.  And they pay you to play it."
	-- Duncan Frissell