Re: White House crypto proposal -- too little, too late

> I don't doubt that they can do this if they really want to, but I
> wonder what legal basis they will use for import restrictions.
>
> Are there any current import restrictions for products on can legally
> manufacture, sell, and use in the United States?

While I'd wager that this would be a violation of GATT's competition
clause, since it would favor domestic firms over foreign ones, there is a
loophole in GATT for national security that could be invoked.

Ben.
____
Paris, France                      Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator