Re: FUCK!!!!!!;-)

Someone who won't put his name to things he writes wrote:

At 04:05 AM 10/3/96 -0400, Anonymous wrote:
>+ --- begin forwarded text
>+
>+ "Keys" are strings of computer code that lock and unlock data.   Key recovery
>+ is an approach that permits the recovery of lost or  damaged keys without the
>+ need to store or "escrow"  them with a third party.  This approach could also
>+ meet the needs of law enforcement to act under the authority of a court order
>+ without risking the  confidentiality of business data.
>
>Just wondering how much of a problem "damaged keys" really are in
>practice.  Is this something specific to Microsoft filesystems or
>really cheap tape drives?  I've never seen that problem under Unix,
>and something like a private RSA key doesn't change very often, so you
>would expect to have encrypted copies of it on many backup tapes.
>
>Or maybe this journalist, like most, doesn't know what the fuck he's
>talking about?

To which this card-carrying member of the media replies:

Companies cited in the PRESS RELEASE - that means public relations product,
not journalism product - were involved in signing off on what went into the
release. By definition, no member of the press was involved in producing
this document

It seems directing questions to the companies would be a good idea.

Will Rodger
Washington Bureau Chief
Interactive Week.