Pager security

	Lest anyone doubt this, pagers in the US have the same exact
vulnerability as those in the UK.  No current paging systems use
any kind of serious encryption and all can be intercepted by using
a scanner, a very simple data detector consisting of one IC and
an ordinary PC running appropriate software.

	I wrote a USENET article about decoding POCSAG paging back in 1993,
and am aware of at least four different individuals who have implemented
programs based in part on my description of the protocol - three of whom
have sold the product to the hobbiest market.

							Dave  Emery  N1PRE
							[email protected]