Re: Clipper III on the table

[email protected] (Igor Chudov @ home) writes:

> Alan Olsen wrote:
> > I think we should refer to what they are pushing as the "Key Recovery
> > Alliance Program".  K.R.A.P. is a good description as to what we are going
> > to get from them.
>
> Key recovery is a great thing, as long as it is not mandated by
> the government.

Hear, hear.  If I own a computer and some contractor is writing something
on it for me, I should have the right to tell the contractor that I don't
want, e.g., any unlicences software and any data encrypted so that I can't
read it.

Likewise the gubmint or a corporation bigger than mine is free to say that
there should be no data on its computers or its contractors computers that
they can't read.

---