Jon Katz retracts...thanx Jon

"And a final note, on another topic entirely. In Threads and
in my recent columns, I've tried repeatedly to
make the distinction between the original
Cypherpunk mailing list - designed to ensure
anonymous access to information on the Web and,
in other contexts, a techno-anarchist movement -
and the adolescent pinheads using the name
Cypherpunk to successfully block open and free
speech on The Netizen's public forums. They are
not the same thing. The movement to protect
anonymity is an important part of the Web and
the Net. The use of the name to anonymously
attack people is not an embodiment of that
movement, but a perversion of it.

I didn't make this distinction clear in my
columns this week. Many thanks to the people who
pointed it out."
 Omegaman <mailto:[email protected]>
 PGP Key fingerprint =  6D 31 C3 00 77 8C D1 C2
                        59 0A 01 E3 AF 81 94 63
Send a message with the text "get key" in the
"Subject:" field to get a copy of my public key.