"Mormon Asshole?" re: GAK

Attilla Says:

>but what inflames the anti-mormon passions the most is the
>paid clergy of other organized religions whose employment is
>the paid ministry to their flock.  Mormons threaten their jobs;
>the mormons have no paid ministry; it is all part of our
>"callings" to do the Lord's work.

Well, speaking as one who has occasionally been called anti-mormon
(although, I'm *really* not that specific!) The only time I feel
any anti-mormon "passion" is when I want to throttle one of your
missionaries.  I like sleeping in, and being awakened by a kid who
wants me to join a religion is really offensive.

If the LDS church would just give up this damnable proselytizing,
I'd find you no more objectionable than the Tibetan Buddhists (whom
I actually hold in rather high regard, although they're never going
to convert me either!)

-jcr

PS:  I do think it's a Good Thing that mormons don't pay the clergy.
One positive for LDS.  Did you pick up that idea from the Ba'ha'i?