Re: Very brief comments on LDS/Mormons

(Attila's long post deleted to save space, and to keep me from commenting
on sections.)

This was one of the most thought-provoking pieces I've read. I can't say
I'm in favor of curfews, but Attila presented some thought-provoking
points,  consistent with my own "best is often the enemy of the good"
points.

I doubt I'm ready to move to St. George, Utah, attractive as it sounds in
some ways. (Nevada is probably just as attractive, and California even more
so, for me. I drove from Las Vegas to Reno, but gave up in the vaste
nothingness, and cut over through Tioga Pass and Yosemite to my area...boy,
was I happy to be back in California. For all of its oddnesses and
problems, it is truly an amazing place. Though I dislike some things about
it, I always come back.)

As to Moroni's objection to my characterization of LDS/Mormonism as a
"cult," I refer to _all_ religions this way. Catholocism, Judaism,
Protestantism, Mormonism, Buddhism, they are all roughly the same to me. If
you are offended, this is your problem. I take no position on which of
these belief systems are valid and which are not.

--Tim

"The government announcement is disastrous," said Jim Bidzos,.."We warned IBM
that the National Security Agency would try to twist their technology."
[NYT, 1996-10-02]
Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.