Re: Fw: Re: ITAR satellite provision

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Black Unicorn wrote:

> Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 17:07:47 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Black Unicorn <[email protected]>
> To: jim bell <[email protected]>
> Cc: Remo Pini <[email protected]>, [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Fw: Re: ITAR satellite provision

[...]
> "A launch vehicle or payload shall not, by reason of the launching of such
> vehicle, be considered an export for purposes of this subchapter."
>
> Focus on "by reason of launching of such vehicle,"
>
> Launching a vehicle alone is not export.  It takes more than launch to
> make it an export.  More than the launching is not much.
[...]
> --
> I hate lightning - finger for public key - Vote Monarchist
> [email protected]

So.. if I were to take PGP, put it on a floppy disk, tape it to a model
rocket, and launch it across the mexican border, that's not exporting it
(although the FAA might complain)?

 --Deviant
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it."  --Mahatma Gandhi