RE: WINDOWS NT ????

On Fri, 04 Oct 1996 17:29:40 -0700, John Fricker wrote:

>An NT machine running off the shelf protocols and services is certainly more secure than
>your average linux install. Of course clueless administrators for either (any) platform can
>leave the door wide open easily enough.

If you define off-the-shelf as what comes on the CD-ROM, true.  We certainly
couldn't find drivers for half the protocals we use...

Otherwise, I'd be tempted to point out the hazards in trusting one piece of
code more than another.  Particularly since that linux box would come with
source code, whereas most NT services don't...

Also, it came as a great shock to me that there was an "average" linux
install.  Is there an average Linux anything? <g>

#  Chris Adams <[email protected]>   | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
#  <[email protected]>		 | send mail with subject "send PGPKEY"
"That's our advantage at Microsoft; we set the standards and we can change them."
   --- Karen Hargrove, Microsoft (quoted in the Feb 1993 Unix Review editorial)