Re: encrypting pppd?

On Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:18:04 -0500, VaX#n8 wrote:

>Thinking about it a bit more, if you only encrypt, say, telnet
>then you've got a pretty predictable plaintext stream.  If you
>encrypt the entire link level properly then it might be much harder
>to isolate the nonvariant bits of the protocols since the port and
>that kind of header info is not available to the attacker at that
>level.

What about predictabilities in the PPP datastream?

#  Chris Adams <[email protected]>   | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
#  <[email protected]>		 | send mail with subject "send PGPKEY"
"That's our advantage at Microsoft; we set the standards and we can change them."
   --- Karen Hargrove, Microsoft (quoted in the Feb 1993 Unix Review editorial)