Re: challenging wiretap law

Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

[some text deleted]

> challenging these laws in the weak spots
> could be a very devastating means of
> defying law enforcement claims that they only want to "preserve
> the status quo" and want "no new authorities to wiretap". could
> wiretapping be "nipped in the bud" somehow? there is tremendous
> economic incentive for laywers to challenge things like patents
> etc, but this same incentive doesn't seem to exist in challenging
> wiretap rules. hence I wonder if they have been challenged to the
> same extent that  other court decisions have been.

[more text deleted]

Do prior comments about wholesale non-compliance on the part of the
public apply here as it did on, say, the 55-mph speed limit?

How about total non-compliance on the part of the public regarding
sex laws (those which said you couldn't do such-and-such in your own
bedroom with your partner/spouse, etc.)?