Re: Dole web site cracked?

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Jon Spencer wrote:

> > The addresses www.dole-kemp.com and www.dole-kemp.org seem to be spoofed
> > sites.  The REAL sites are www.dolekemp96.org and www.dole96.org.  These
> > sites have not been touched.  Hmm, and I thought that internic was supposed
> > to be watching this stuff (domain names).  I wonder if mcdonalds.org is
> > still available...

> Well, as of 1:49 AM on Oct 8, www.dole96.org is hacked.

    This has always been a 'hacked' site in the sense that it wasn't ever
an official Dole site and people hosted it for laughs.  The same
apparently applies to www.dole-kemp.org and www-dole-kemp.com.
                      [ Bruce M. - Feist Systems, Inc. ]
      "We don't want to get our butts kicked by a bunch of long-haired
        26-year-olds with earrings." -- General John Sheehan on their
                       reasons for InfoWar involvement