Re: Microsoft CAPI

Ravi Pandya wrote:
> ... You can't load an encryption engine into Windows 95 or
> Windows NT unless that engine has been specially signed by
> Microsoft's corporate key.

And so what happens when the Microsoft key is compromised?  It might
be hard to break by purely cryptographic means, but surely there are
some people at Microsoft who aren't millionaires.

Mike M Nally * IBM % Tivoli * Austin TX  * How quickly we forget that
mailto:[email protected] mailto:[email protected]  * "deer processing" and "data
http://www.io.com/~m101/                 * processing" are different!