Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:51:56 -0400
From: Sue Davidsen <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Seminar Announcement

Commerce on the Internet
7:00 PM Thursday, October 10, 1996
Room N130 New Business Building, MSU

Dr. Nathaniel Borenstein, Chief Scientist, First Virtual Holdings, Inc., is
known worldwide as a leading developer of Internet technologies, including
the MIME standard and the First Virtual Payment System.

In this presentation on commerce on the Internet he will discuss:

� The limitations of current encryption schemes
� The technical aspects of the First Virtual payment scheme
� The future of commerce on the Internet

Dr. Borenstein contributed to the development of numerous Internet
technologies  including the MIME standard (used for email attachments
and Web content typing), Andrew, metamail, ATOMICMAIL, and Safe-Tcl.
Dr. Borenstein devised the First Virtual payment system, a popular
mechanism for conducting commerce on the Internet.

[a lot of cute biographical details left out, I'm not impressed]