Re: Creative Wiretap Arguments [Was :Re: Put up or shut up]

The introduction of the digital mobile network was deleayed several
months here in australia (this was several years back). The delay was
based on the need to be able to intercept digital communications.
Untill a backdoor was built into the system, the Federal Police would
and did not let the cel net go online.

> >Which raises the issue, "Is the ISP required to install 'wiretap-friendly'
> >capability?"  Apparently not, if the cellular phone industry is any
> >precedent:  For awhile, cops couldn't easily tap cell phones because no such
> >capability had been designed into the cell-site software.  Such an omission
> >was not considered a violation of law.

        ,'~``.              \|/              ,'``~.
        (-o=o-)            (@ @)            ,(-o=o-),
+--.oooO--(_)--Ooo-----oOO-(_)-OOo-------oooO--(_)--Oooo.------+
|                                                              |
|   Soon, we may all be staring at our computers, wondering    |
|               whether they're staring back.                  |
| [Network Admin For WPA Business Products.  aka doshai >;-) ] |
|    .oooO        http://pip.com.au/~doshai/      Oooo.        |
|    (   )   Oooo.                        .oooO   (   )        |
Key fingerprint = 2D F4 54 BB B4 EA F1 E7  B6 DE 48 92 FC 8D FF 49
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.
(if I want to give it to you)