Re: Burma bans modems

>    UPI reports that in July a diplomat, Leo Nichols, died in prison
>    after he was sentenced to a lengthy term for illegal possession of
>    fax machines.
>
>    It's clear from this action that the SLORC, i.e. the "State Law and
>    Order Restoration Committee" (sic!) understands full well the
>    benefits and importance of the Internet and other forms of
>    electronic communication to open societies, and is determined to
>    deny these benefits to its citizens.  Given its recent history and
>    the quasi-imprisonment of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, this new action is
>    perfectly consistent with the government's previous abysmal
>    record.

Look, look, up in the sky!  Its a B2, not its an F-117, no it AP-man!

The Great Mandala is in motion. Ladies and gentleman place your bets.

PGP Fingerprint: FE 90 1A 95 9D EA 8D 61  81 2E CC A9 A4 4A FB A9
Snoop Daty Data           | Internet: [email protected]
Grinder                   |
Sacred Cow Meat Co.       |

Counter-cultural technology development our specialty.

Vote Libertarian.

Just say NO to prescription DRUGS.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for
 the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    -- C.S. Lewis

"Surveillence is ultimately just another form of media, and thus, potential
entertainment."
    -- G. Beato