WW II Crypto. History

Folks,

Those interested in WW II Cryptolographic History should check out:

www.maritime.org/ecm2.shtml

I have just updated this site to include more information on the ECM Mark
II, aka SIGABA, aka CSP-889.  This was the primary high level US cipher
system from 1941 - 1959 or so when it was gradualy retired because it was
too slow.  The web site now includes a history of the machine, textual
description of its algorithm, photographs, and a Java program (with source)
that emulates the machine in detail.

Comments and suggestions for the site are greatfully accepted at
[email protected]. I am also seeking help improving the UI if anyone is
very Java literate and wants to help. I do not regularly monitor
cypherpunks because of its incredibly high volume of traffic.

Thanks,

rich

--
Richard Pekelney