Re: [NOISE] I never knew that Dimitri Vulis was a net.legend

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Mark O. Aldrich wrote:
> While the message blew by a little while ago (and I didn't save it),
> someone had posted a URL with information about Dimitri's sordid/alleged
> past on the Net.  At roughly the same time, I ran across (by accident) a
> URL that lists Dimitri as a "net.legend" and offers yet another
> perspective.  Apparently, Dimitri is far more well known that any of us
> (at least me) gave him credit for.  The notion that the idiom "dandruff
> covered" is indicative of anti-semitism is one passage that I found rather
> amusing.
>
> Check it out for yourself at
> http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~tskirvin/home/legends/legends3.html

The above is very good, but there's not nearly as much on Vulis in it.
For anyone else who may have missed it, here is the original link again:

http://www.math.harvard.edu/~verbit/scs/cranks/from-Shlomo.html#vulis

This one absolutely_boggles_my_mind.  But check them both out.