Re: YES OR NO?

At 08:45 AM 10/17/96 -0700, you wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>
>> It is a great honor to meet a net.legent in person.
>
>I hope Dimitri will stop hidding behind his computer and "honor"
>us with his presence at an SF Bay area Cypherpunks meeting.  I've
>got pledges for nearly $1200 to bring him out here to speak.  All
>we need now is a serious response from Dimitri.  I guess when the
>going gets tough, the "net legends" get yellow.  What are you
>afraid of Dimitri?

I can understand what he has to be afraid of.  It is one thing to be a
harassing bastard on the net.  It is another to have to defend your actions
to those people face to face.

Dimitri has made insulting remarks about myself and good friends.  He has
been abusive and obnoxious all over the face of the net.  I can see how
some people might take that personally.  (I would not do him personal harm.
 Ask him why he feels he needs to be a flaming asshole maybe...)

I killfiled Dimitri because there was no use talking to him and no use
listening to him.  Currently he has taken the tact of posting news when his
reputation capitol reaches into the heavy negative numbers.  (And I still
filter them all into the trash because I cannot trust him to not forge the
posts into something containing something the author did not write or
intend.)  There are others I do not argue with for other, similar, reasons.
 It is pointless to debate with the closed minded and the compulsive
flamers.  (If I wanted to listen to compulsive juvenile flame I would go
hang out on WWIV BBSes.  It least there you know the people are probably
fourteen, not just acting like it...)  The only purpose such debate will
ever serve is to influence the onlookers.

The point is probably moot anyways.  I doubt if I will get to any of the
California meetings any time in the near future.  (Work is hell, but at
least it pays something. Unlike the regular brand of hell.)

---
|  "Remember: You can't have BSDM without BSD." - [email protected]  |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | [email protected]  |