Re: DES cracker.

Geoffrey C. Grabow wrote:

> Tell me what you need.  A large part of my job is providing hardware
> security modules to banks to secure (among other things) their ATM networks
> (Automated Teller MAchines, not Async Transfer Mode).  Do you need PIN
> encryption formats, transmission message protocols, or what?  Just LMK.

It would be nice to get some confirmation that PINs are generated using
a DES encryption of the account number.

Gary
--
"Of course the US Constitution isn't perfect; but it's a lot better
than what we have now."  -- Unknown.

pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <[email protected]>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06