Re: Car Rental: Refusal to take Check Cards

On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, Black Unicorn wrote:

>Go try it out.  Renting cars with cash, while possible, is extremely
>difficult.

Piffle. Just look for the sleazy little car rental outfits.

I quote from the Tucson, AZ yellow pages:

"Cash Deposit Accepted. Rental Into Mexico."

"Cash Deposits Accepted. No Credit Required."

"Yes, We Can! Mexico! Cash Deposits!"

"No Credit Card Needed.  Se habla espa~nol."

"Save A Buck. Used Car Rentals. Low Low Rates. Clean-Inexpensive-Dependable.
Se Habla Espanol."

Seems easy to me (and ideal for Sub-Commando Marcos or Cody or whomever).

Dave