Re: OTP

> Can you explain to me how your one time pad algorithm is any better than
> encryption something with, say, RC4 or any other cipher using a key that
> is the same length as the seed for your PRNG?

Well for a start there is no possible cryptanalytic (rather than
brute force) attack on a one time pad, the system can be
mathematically proven to be secure with a very simple bit of
statistics.

Soemthing like RC4, even if the key were totally random and
unpredictable, and had as much, or more state than the message can
still be cryptanalysed possibly, although it is unlikely...

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1