Re: Merc: PacBell predicts imminent death of the net; film at 11

  > Pac Bell says Net use may collapse phone system

  > [...]

  > Wiping out the subsidy would force Internet companies to find new,
  > more efficient ways of pricing that better reflect actual usage,
  > Parker said.

I caught an interview on the BBC last night with a representative from
PacBell, who claimed that this subsidy resulted in ISPs actively
discouraging customers from using data service (ISDN) instead of POTS.

Bwahahaha...

--
Roger Williams                         finger me for my PGP public key
Coelacanth Engineering        consulting & turnkey product development