Re: Dr. Vulis is not on cypherpunks any more

At 02:13 AM 11/2/96 -0800, John Gilmore <[email protected]> wrote:
>As stated by Dr. Vulis, he is no longer on the cypherpunks mailing
>list, and indeed [email protected] HAS been instructed to ignore his
>requests to resubscribe.
>
>I removed him, on my own initiative.  I got tired of asking him to
>stop stirring up flames.  When he posted a message saying that we'd
>have to use technical means to stop him from flaming the list, I said,
>"OK".
[snip]

This all seems really silly to me.

Are people on this list not sophisticated enough to be capable of filtering
his posts if they don't like to read them?

What's to stop him from using reailers or nymservers?  Are you going to
block them, too?

By doing something like this you give him far more attention and
encouragement than he deserves.  It's a big mistake, IMHO.

Rich