Re: IRS Subscribed to Cypherpunks

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Duncan Frissell wrote:

I've been getting a few of these too, to replies I've posted to
[email protected].  Interestingly enough, one came up from my filtered
list. :(

> Got the following bounce.  The Cc: was to a real address.
>
> DCF
>
> >Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 05:24:21 -0500
> >From: [email protected] (Administrator)
> >Subject: Message not deliverable
> >To: Duncan Frissell <[email protected]>
> >Cc: XXXXXXXXX (Administrator)
> >
> >At 04:45 AM 11/4/96 -0800, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> >>Libertarianism is not incompatible with strict regulations, as long as
> >>the rules violate nobody's rights.
> >>
> >>-Declan
> >
> >Obviously many voluntary religious organizations have quite strict rules
> >for their members and are compatible with libertarianism.  Government
> >monopoly regulations that cannot be opted out of are not compatible with
> >libertarianism.  Instead of using the loaded term "regulations' it might be
> >better to call things like the rules of the cypherpunk's list "club rules"
> >or protocols.
> >
> >DCF

 + ^ + |  Ray Arachelian    |FL|       KAOS KERAUNOS KYBERNETOS      |==/|\==
  \|/  |[email protected]|UL|__Nothing_is_true,_all_is_permitted!_|=/\|/\=
<--+-->| ------------------ |CG|What part of 'Congress shall make no |=\/|\/=
  /|\  | "A toast to Odin,  |KA| law abridging the freedom of speech'|==\|/==
 + v + |God of screwdrivers"|AK|        do you not understand?       |=======
      If the Macintosh is a woman...  Then Windows is a Transvestite!
           ActiveX! ActiveX! Format Hard drive? Just say yes!