Re: Why is cryptoanarchy irreversible?

> If I understand the reasoning, people beleive it is easier to prevent the
> release of strong crypto. techiniques than to remove them once they are
> released.

The reasons underlying this are what I don't completely understand.

> Once a terrorist has strong crypto, why should they stop using it if it
> becomes illegal?

Use of strong crypto would be a tip off that one is a terrorist.

If strong cryptography were unpopular and highly illegal, very few
people would be using it.  This makes it easy to identify suspects.

Peter Hendrickson
[email protected]