Re: Why is cryptoanarchy irreversible?

In <[email protected]>, on 11/08/96 at 02:46 PM,
   Matts Kallioniemi <[email protected]> said:

>At 17:12 1996-11-07 -0800, jim bell wrote:
>>Simple analogy:  Suppose you put two people into a room with a deck of
>>playing cards and a table, instructing "Person A" to build a house-of-cards,
>>and telling "Person B" to stop him from achieving his goal.  Who do you
>>think will win?  Obviously, the latter will win:  It's vastly easier to
>>knock such a structure down than to build it in the first place,  and all
>>"Person B" has to do is occasionally take a whack at the structure.

>What if Person A is better armed? Could that change the outcome?

Well this takes you into the field of Game Theory which many books & papers have been writen on. :)

A close look at the cold war, deteriants, arm races, SALT treaties, ...ect. should give you some real world examples of how such mechanisims work.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii
Geiger Consulting    WebExplorer & Java Enhanced!!!
Cooking With Warp 4.0

Author of PGPMR2 - PGP Front End for MR/2 Ice

Look for MR/2 Tips & Rexx Scripts
Get Work Place Shell for Windows!!

Finger [email protected] for PGP Key and other info

*MR/2 ICE: I don't do Windows, but OS/2 does.