Re: Mailing list liability (fwd)

Jim,

After having read the post where you go the dinosaur route, and
read it carefuly I might add, I have to tell you that I disagree
with you on some pretty basic levels.

The first being that lists are not so much editorialized publications,
as they are vehicles for community. That irrguardless of wether they
are moderated or unmoderated. I belive that argument would be
both easy to argue, and easy to understand in a court. And I think
it'd win.

As for the list dying off, it's in far greater danger of dying off
from off-topic noise and the sort of childish potty insults Vuilis
was spamming the list with. If you don't goto a "big issue" mentality,
and just look at it from the point of veiw of basic subscription,
and basic interest, this is blindingly obvious.

In any case, I don't know which is worse, Vulis's spam, or the spam
about Vulis and his removal. There's not a whole lot of difference,
neither are relivant to crypto, and they're about equaly as annoying.

Tim Scanlon