Re: Sliderules, Logs, and Prodigies

At 08:30 AM 11/9/96 -0800, Dale Thorn wrote:
>FORTH has fallen out of favor for most PC users of the mid 1990's, but then
>again, so have computer languages as a whole, since few persons write software
>today as compared to the early 1980's.
I was tinkering around in Basic back then, I wasn't writing much of my own,
but I did know a few commands.  I remember when using "canned" software had
a certain stigma to it, like saying "you are not a true computer afficinado,
you don't even type in your own code."  I also remember that my dad taught
computer programming out of the back of magazines, ones with names like
TI/99er, Home Computing (is it still out there?), and K-Power.  Heck, even
3-2-1 Contact, the PBS based magazine had a source code section for a while.
I'm afraid I don't remember Forth, though I have heard of it, about as much
as my friends have heard of PGP.