Re: Secrecy: My life as a nym. (Was: nym blown?)

At 08:26 AM 11/11/96 -0800, Hal Finney wrote:
>I have two kids entering their teens, and I'm sure other list members are
>parents as well.  What can we do for our children to help them enter their
>adult lives with better chances to retain privacy?  Unicorn mentions keeping
>them absent from school on picture day, although I'm not sure how much this
>helps.  I suppose it makes it harder for an investigator to find out what
>they look(ed) like.  Then when they get old enough to drive you have a new
>problem avoiding the photo (and thumbprint) on the license.
As far as the drivers linscense goes, there are religions that do not allow
its members to be photographed, and the government honers this,(at least the
Tag Offices do).  I don't know the name of the religion but I believe it is
a Christian one.  Convert once every four years to get your drivers
liscense, and convert back within the week.  No photograph on that little
piece of plastic.
P.S.  In Oklahoma, there is no thumbprint on the current liscense.
P.P.S  You can always send your child to school with a note saying that you
do not want your child in the class picture, I know of someone who did that,
(on a side-note, we always wondered why.)