Re: Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly News

Declan McCullagh wrote:

> If Vulis thinks I did an "excellent job," then perhaps I should have
> criticized him more harshly.

No, you should have ignored the story, because there wasn't one. It's
quite rich that your story criticizes journalists for doing exactly what
you did: give Vulis far more attention than he deserves. In case you've
forgotten what you wrote:

                 What does Vulis's ouster
               mean to the community that
               sprang up around this mailing
               list, of which he had been a
               member for nearly three
               years? Many of his peers think
               he did it for attention or
               notoriety; one longtime
               list-denizen declined to be
               interviewed for fear of
               encouraging him. (If that's his
               goal, he's already succeeded.
               Will Rodger from Inter@ctive
               Week and Lewis Koch from
               Upside Magazine are writing
               about this.)

As much as I'm tempted, I believe no further comment is necessary.

-rich