Re: One Big Telecoms Company

At 07:02 PM 11/14/96 -0800, Dave Del Torto wrote:
>Um, a _better_ one, now that government monopolies are largely out of the
>way, leaving significant infrastructure for them to use? There's this one
>little company called MCI, see, and there's this _other_ little company
>called BT, and...

There are now 150 Long Distance telephone companies in the US vs 1 when I
was a kid.

There are now 5 or 6 broadcast and 150 cable TV networks in the US vs 3
when I was a kid.

There will soon be 5 cellular and PCS companies in NYC vs 0 when I was a kid.

There are now 6000 ISPs vs 0 when I was a kid.

DCF