Re: ??????????????????????

At 3:57 PM 11/14/1996, [email protected] wrote:
>I have a breif question for all you folks out there....
>Does anyone know the email address and procedure for sending your mail via
>"cypherpunks" so that it changes your e-mail address so that the person
>recieving your e-mail message sees on the mesage that its only from
>an anonymous source?

A customer!  You came to the right place, sir.

We are glad you asked us for assistance and we will do our best to
get you involved in the use of anonymous remailers.  The more people
who know how to use this technology, the better.

An anonymous remailer takes mail and forwards it after removing
identifying information.  However, this is not done by "sending
your mail via "cypherpunks" ".  The cypherpunks is just a mailing
list.  Instead, you send your message to one of the 20 or so
volunteer-run anonymous remailers.

Here are some URLs you may find helpful:

http://www.replay.com/remailer/anon.html
http://www.seattle-webworks.com/pgp/
http://www.stack.urc.tue.nl/~galactus/remailers/
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~raph/remailer-list.html

BTW, your subject line "??????????????????????" is likely to generate
hostility.  It is generally considered to be a breach of etiquette to
send a message to a large mailing list without indicating the subject.
For instance, a good topic for this message would have been "Help with
Anonymous Remailers".  Since you are clearly new to the net, I am sure
you did not intend rudeness.

Santa's Little Helper