Re: Internet banking: more on Mbanx

--- begin forwarded text

Sender: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:28:50 +0800 (hkt)
From: Enzo Michelangeli <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Internet banking: more on Mbanx

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, [email protected] wrote:

> Unfortunately, their promotional literature does not go
> into their Internet services.  The information I was given over
> the phone was that by signing up they would supply me with
> the 128bit version of Netscape for secure transactions.

People outside of the US may be interested to know that there is a small,
fully legal, free browser with 128-bit SSL security: it's called
WorkHorse, and is available with ftp from ftp.mkt.co.uk (that must have
got a 110 bps feed, if the connection speed is of any indication). The
link inside Banknet's home page, at http://mkn.co.uk/bank/, seems to be
wrong and anyway most browsers time out before getting connected.

WorkHorse's interface is pretty ugly and the rendition is buggy, but the
SSL connection does work: I got through mbanx's "Sign in" link
at http://www.mbanx.com/banxing/5welcome.html , whereas MSIE and NS3 were
kicked out due to their 40-bit RC4 limit.

Enzo

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga ([email protected])
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"The cost of anything is the foregone alternative" -- Walter Johnson
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/