Re: Members of Parliament Problem

I wrote:
>[...] There are also systems in which group or subset of a group is
>necessary to sign the message, the original work was by Yves Desmet in his
>paper "Social Cryptography" in Crypto 88 or 89 I think.

Correction:  That should have been "Society and Group Oriented
Cryptography: A new approach" by Yves Desmedt in Crypto '87  [It
was sitting next to my desk and I was too lazy to reach over and
check...sigh.]  This particular paper deals with groups recieving
messages and requiring a subset to decrypt, a later paper by Desmedt
(or maybe Desmedt and Yao) deals with the signature system I
described.

jim