Re: [REBUTTAL] Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly News

At 01:19 �� 15/11/1996 -0600, snow wrote:
>> Hey man, do they sell "FREEDOM KITS" in American Supermarkets? :-)
>> ROTFL!
>
>      Nope, you have to make your own. The Kit is mostly Education, which
>is available to all.

Pity; I thought them kits came with a Free Modem Trial Offer! ROTFL! :-)

Seriously, of course...
You have a point there, but... who will educate our educators?
-(if part of this "education" hinders and discourages our Liberty)?

>> >     It still isn't censorship. Censorship, at least in my dictionary,=20
>> >refers to censor, which uses the word "Official" several times.
>> You mean that if... Dr. Dimitri Vulis hires a Mafia-man to kill ya,=20
>> (to silence you) this wouldn't be censorship, since it would not be
>> "Official"  ? :-)
>
>     It would not be censorship, it would be Conspiracy to murder (I
>believe, the Legal types could give you the proper charge) on Vulis's part,
>and attempted murder on the Hit Man's part.

Even Worse! Some dictatorships, as you know, use this type of murder
continually... Even democracies in fact, if we remember JF KEnnedy et.al.

In a _philosophical_ sense, such acts of violence are indeed censorship,
(in the wider sense) of the most brutal kind.
Of course, I agree that in a _dictionary_ sense, you are mostly right...

HOWEVER: It is part our DUTY as Free Men to OVERCOME a serious FALLACY of
most EDUCATION: equating Wider Truths with Narrow Dictionary Definitions.

- I would call these Truths "broader" but I wouldn't like the joke about
  Open Minds liking... Wide Broads!  (Ever heard it?)  ROTFL!!! :-)

>> e.g. Just as aga tolerates me and vice versa, so should Gilmore
>> tolerate Dimitri Vulis.=20
>
>     It wan't his opnions, it was his actions. That is the difference.

There is no difference. Aga is a great guy who in a moment of nationalistic
misunderstanding, called me a number of bad names. And so did I. These are
what you call "actions". They are completely harmless. I am more concerned
about the... flies sitting on the surface of my monitor, hindering my eyes.

So-called "unacceptable" (speech-)acts are less dangerous than FLIES!
:-)

Best Regards and Surrealistic Greek Greetings
George