Re: Does John Gilmore...

> The free market will ever be the only real path to free speech, because,
> in essence, it is free speech.
> Free speech does not, however, require that all speech be universally
> broadcast to each and every citizen on the planet free of charge.  That's
> "subsidized speech."

Given that the free market rule is "he who has the money makes the
rules", please explain how anything less than "subsidized speech" (as
you put it) is anything close to free speech?

[For those who's assumptions rule their perception: I am *not* arguing
that all speech should be subsidized. I am merely pointing out that
the organization that is spending the money to broadcast is
controlling the speech, hence it is *not* free speech in terms of
freedom or cost.]
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - [email protected]
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

                If you want to get rid of somebody,
            just tell them something for their own good.