Re: Members of Parliament Problem

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Rich Graves wrote:

> Peter Hendrickson wrote:
> >

> > There are times when one wishes to speak anonymously, yet speak
> > as a member of a group.
>
> You either need to trust a shared server to know and then blind your
> identity, or trust the people with whom you share a secret key not to
> give that key to non-group members.

Why not use  blinding for obtaining the certificate?

Create a number up public/private key pairs, blind them, then do the
cut-and-choose thing with the security officer. He signs the blinded key,
then returns it. Unblind the remaining pubic key, and you've got a public
key with the appropriate signature on it.

Simon

 ---
If I can get my key back,   it's Key Recovery
If you can get my key back, it's Key Escrow