Re: [REBUTTAL] Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly N

> If you do not send it to me by e-mail, I will never see it.
> Why are you so paranoid that someone is reading your e-mail?
> I never do anything criminal, so I could give a shit less if
> everybody reads all of my fucking mail.

I was trying hard not to get into this thread as it is basically just
one long flamewar that is getting out of control but I have to
comment here:

There need be no reason for paranoia. I don`t call it paranoia, I
call it constant vigilance, to demonize it is a statist position and
tries to ostricise those who protect their privacy.

Whether you do anything criminal or not is not the point. Indeed I
would say that 90-95% of encryption usage is for perfectly legal
purposes, and only about 0.1% of encrypted material is concerned with
unethical acts rather than illegal acts. The point is you should
retain the right to protect your privacy.
Sure, it`s not illegal to  put forward anarchist arguments in mail today,
but do you really want your company boss knowing about it?
 I personally don`t work - I`m a student so it doesn`t matter to me,
but whether it is right that your employement and political views should
affect each other they do, so you should be able to protect yourself
with technology...

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1