Re: TIS + HP

At 11:18 AM 11/18/96 -0500, John Young wrote:
>A blurb in the Wash Post today says that the HP roll-out
>this morning will include TIS's "trusted third party" product.
>"One essential ingredient in the equation: technology
>developed by TIS. TIS is so far the only company that has
>received permission to export encryption technology
>overseas that exceeds the government's existing
>threshold."
>
>Guess we'll know shortly who else in the System is to be
>Trusted with Information -- other than Thirds, Fourths and
>other Dots and Steves.

With TIS bending over for the big GAK Monster in so many ways, it brings up
a question...  (A probibly off-topic one...)

Does anyone know of intentional GAK-like holes put in their Firewall
Toolkit?  They distribute it for free and distribute source, but with their
record i have little trust in the matter...  (Better yet, does anyone have
suggestions for Firewall code that will run under Linux or FreeBSD?)

---
|  "Remember: You can't have BSDM without BSD." - [email protected]  |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l [email protected]` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | [email protected]  |