Re: Does John Gilmore...

Black Unicorn writes:
> Dave Hayes writesL:
> > [For those who's assumptions rule their perception: I am *not* arguing
> > that all speech should be subsidized. I am merely pointing out that
> > the organization that is spending the money to broadcast is
> > controlling the speech, hence it is *not* free speech in terms of
> > freedom or cost.]
> Again, you confuse free speech with free broadcast.

Isn't broadcast a subset of speech, especially in this culture?
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - [email protected]
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

The penalty for laughing in a courtroom is six months in jail; if it were
not for this penalty, the jury would never hear the evidence.