Re: U.S. CIA employee caught spying

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996 17:05:47 -0500 (EST), Tim Scanlon wrote:

>This is on the local DC news;

>Harold Nicholson age 46, a CIA employee was arrested for spying today
>at Dulles airport. He allegedly has been working for the Russians
>for the past 2 years.

Here's a good question to ask: "Why are we getting security policy from the
[un]intelligence agencies?"

What will get mentioned, however, will be: "If he'd been using PGP we'd
never have caught him.  This is why we need GAK!"

#  Chris Adams  <[email protected]> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
#  <[email protected]>                 | send mail with subject "send PGPKEY"
"That's our advantage at Microsoft; we set the standards and we can change them."
   --- Karen Hargrove, Microsoft (quoted in the Feb 1993 Unix Review editorial)