Re: 1996 Codebreakers

>Adam Shostack <[email protected]> writes:
>> 	I just got a review copy of the new (1996) ed. of Kahn's The
>> Codebreakers from my local used bookstore.  Its a little disapointing,
>> & DH.  Nothing on Cypherpunks, little on how privacy can be enhanced.
The above was stripped from a reply made by Dr Dimitri Vulis.

I have just one question, was the copy that you purchased hardcopy or paperback?
I found the paperback in a school library and found that it said that the
technical portion had been abridged to save space, (and money).
I cannot say that I read the whole text, only the first half chapter and
then some skipping around trying to find the RSA algorthim.  I later found
it in a periodical to which I am subscribed.