Re: Patent Fight Could Add to Cost of Inter

> ``We believe it's important to draw a line in the sand and make
> them prove infringement,'' said CompuServe spokeswoman Gail
> Whitcomb. ``We think their claim is way too broad.''

This is quite a statement coming from a company that flexed its muscles on
the .GIF file spec. about 3 years ago.

If I remember right Compuserve caused some some major changes in RIP and
HTTP developement.  Until that time the only graphic format supported in
Mosaic was .GIF.  JPEG was promptly added and there was hot debate about
the issue.

Did not slow down the net much though.