Re: Word Lists

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Edward R. Figueroa wrote:

> I'm looking for a Large Word List, for a pkcrack program.
>
> Anyone have any idea where to find one, or how to convert a dictionary
> formated file to a wordlist file?

	find a source code copy of unix and find the spelling routine;
    there is a list of approximately 60K base words.  the code has an
    function which checks prefixes, suffixes, variations, etc. I have
    not looked to see if spell is included with "modern" versions of
    unix since the spell code is early 70s --it was in V6. It was also
    included in BSD4.1a/4.2+.

	I have all of 'em for the last 25 years, in storage somewhere
    --and have not fired over my ancient Pertec 800/1600 open reel 9 track
    tape drive in years! --or I would lift one off for you.

	I do not know of a routine which generates "valid" prefixes,
    suffixes, and the like which would be useful in password cracking
    routines.

    go not unto usenet for advice, for the inhabitants thereof will say:
      yes, and no, and maybe, and I don't know, and fuck-off.