Re: IPG Algorith Broken!

Igor:
> > Someone needs to write an IPG and Don Wood FAQ.  No, I'm not volunteering.
>
> As a crypto amateur, I would appreciate a good technical explanation as
> to why IPG's algorithm cannot be considered secure.

     I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong, but:

     The algorythm cannot be considered secure until it has been
peer-reviewed. They refuse to release the algorythm for review, simply saying
that "you can't break the code" therefore "it is secure". I personally have
a hard time with the cryptograms in the sunday newspaper, never mind something
that would take a real cryptographer longer than a cup of coffee to figure
out.

     Am I close here?

Petro, Christopher C.
[email protected] <prefered for any non-list stuff>
[email protected]