Re: Recovery after flood

Thanks Kelly!! I'll tell them to try the freon tape cleaner. (I don't have
the papers myself.) From what I've seen, it looked like the copier's toner
got dissolved in the water and is acting as a glue. The files were submerged
for a while (stupid) and when they pulled them out, they let them dry w/o
separating the pages (even more stupid). I hope there will still be some
images on the pages if we get them unstuck :-) :-) :-)

This reminds me of how we once recovered a piece of electrical equipment
from seawater, and we were told to basically keep in in a bucket of water
until it could be cleaned properly. Changing the surroundings even for
something that seems more "natural" is always additional stress on the
damaged equipment and loses more information.

Thanks again for the advice - I appreciate it because it would be quite a
pity if all of it were lost.

---